9 July 2011

In the Pits?


There are times when each of us are in the pits, when life just seems to be upside down and nothing seems to be going right.
As you read the Psalms, you realize King David often felt this way.  Take Psalm 88 for example.  In verses 2-6 he says,
Let my prayer come before You; incline Your ear to my cry.  For my soul is full of troubles, and my life draws near to the grave.  I am counted with those who go down to the pit; I am like a man who has no strength, adrift among the dead, like the slain who lie in the grave, whom You remember no more, and who are cut off from Your hand.  You have laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the depths.
Pretty descriptive of how you and I can sometimes feel, when our soul is full of troubles…like one who has no strength…adrift among the dead…whom You [God] remember no more.
When you are in the pits, it can often seem like there is no way out.  Your soul is full of trouble, you are despondent, you are overwhelmed by the problems of life, you can almost feel like something has died inside of you, and you might feel totally cut off from God, like He has somehow forgotten you.
What I want you to see in today's Scripture is that you are not alone.  Every one of us has gone through these difficult days.  Even King David!
God knows your struggles.  Like David, take time today to share with God all that is on your heart, and in the next few days, I will show you how you can get out of the pits!

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou so much. You have been water to my thirsty soul with these words.

    God Bless You,

    ReplyDelete